Forum

Florida del Sols ch...

Notifications
Clear all

Florida del Sols check in  

TrackSol
Topic starter
(@tracksol)

This post is for del Sol enthusiasts in Florida to share and organize meets and gatherings in Florida.

I'm in Jacksonville.

15 Replies
OldSols
Admin
(@charley)

I certainly hope once; this gets poppin; we are able to connect everyone and events through here! Thanks for posting!

14 Replies
HondaVlogs
(@hondavlogs)

@charley same, hoping to see a lot of solers out and about

FloridaOldeSol
(@floridaoldesol)

@hondavlogs I am in Jacksonville and got a 1994 "S' a few months ago.   Trying to keep original and retrofit a cruise control to it.  Looking for original radio and cruise control parts.  So far,  a good bit of education and some bit of fun.   Nice car to work on.    If anyone else needs a free mechanic, I will help out the cause.     FloridaOldeSol ( Steve, 731-8342)

HondaVlogs
(@hondavlogs)

FloridaOldeSol
(@floridaoldesol)

@hondavlogs  I'm going all oldschool on it too.   Got a couple of the 6-CD changers and will be putting one in trunk.   Keep cassette player/readio in dash.   All are honda makes, but lookin for stock original for dash....hard to find.

HondaVlogs
(@hondavlogs)

@floridaoldesol I pulled a stock CD changer out of mine too. Never got it working haha. They're pretty slick though!

FloridaOldeSol
(@floridaoldesol)

@hondavlogs  ???!!!   Great !   I need the info.   Just WHERE was it mounted?  Was a bracket involved ?    This is the type of info I need.    I suspect you have a "Si"   or "V-Tec" ?

Thanks for info.

Steve

HondaVlogs
(@hondavlogs)

@floridaoldesol I have a vtec, it was mounted on the back right corner of the spare wheel well, there is actually a bracket to mount it vertical. I'll grab a pic later and might be able to find the bracket. I think it broke but at least it's something

FloridaOldeSol
(@floridaoldesol)

@hondavlogsCool.   So you have the hot rod version !   For the CD changer I know some Honda cars had the vertical positioning.   For the del Sol, in the spare tire area, does the longer side then go front-to-back,  or side-to-side.  Sounds like the carpet would have to be lifted up each time you access it?    

Thanks again,

Steve

TrackSol
(@tracksol)

@floridaoldesol
I think there was a changer that went in the passenger side storage bin. I have the brochures feom 94 to 97 and can get you pics. 

Also, I’m in JAX as well (clay county) Hit me up on IG @tracksol

FloridaOldeSol
(@floridaoldesol)

Hi,  thanks so much for the help.  I would appreciate all the info I can get.  i looked at the passener side bin but it did not look big enough ?    My next big question will be regarding the cruise control assembly on the gas pedal.  I am a dinosaur with no twitter, facebook etc. but can e-mail at SteveSpudic@aol.com.   Can we get together eventually so I can explore the linkage for cruise.

FloridaOldeSol
(@floridaoldesol)

You were right.  the passenger bin is just big enough.   Will need to fabricate a mount with no room to spare, but it can be done.   Thanks for suggestion.

TrackSol
(@tracksol)

@floridaoldesol If you're a dinosaur, then I'm a caveman. I've been in this del Sol game for 20 years. I'll see what I can dig up about the changer and shoot you an email.

With regards to the cruise control, I yanked that to save weight and tossed it many moons ago. But it is quite a simple system really. I was actually going to add it back to my car during my rebuild for those long drives for meets. It wouldn't be too difficult to retrofit, though there is a quick and dirty easy way and a hard way.

EASY WAY: get pedals, actuator, cable, and dual cable bracket from a 92-95 Civic or 94-97 Integra, install, and make a custom harness going directly to the actuator that uses only a Set button and is disabled by tapping the brakes.

HARD WAY: fully retrofit the steering wheel controls using underdash harness and engine bay harness from a 93-95 Si/VTEC models.

I'm planning on doing the easy way on my own car since I use a racing steering wheel. I may even create kits with prebuilt harnesses for others.

I'm willing to meet up anytime after this covid crap dies out and help you figure it out. My email is tracksol@gmail.com

Manny

FloridaOldeSol
(@floridaoldesol)

Hi Manny  -- I am on the same track as you.   I already did a mod to the center ash tray console with momentary switches for the Resume  and Set  functions.    I have an  "S" so am also adding rear speakers,  and have DPDT switches to allow for ear buds  and will use the dash switch for cruise on/off.   I may wind up fabricating some lever assembly for the gas pedal but need to know the ratios:   how much pedal travel for how much Cruise Cable travel.     All else should swap in and looks like e-bay has a lot of the stuff.   Thanks for the Integra tip.

TrackSol
(@tracksol)

@floridaoldesol

The EG cruise actuator is quite simple. All it really is is a cable lock. When activated it just holds the second cable where its at. That second cable attaches to a arm that is prewelded in the gas lever arm.

See this guide for civics. Del Sols will be similar. I’m planing on simplifying it and bypassing the steering wheel controls and cruise computer.

http://www.civic-eg.com/causeforalarm/cruise_control/index.php

Share:

Login

Lost your password?