Clear all

[Sticky] SunTop MEGA THREAD  

Page 1 / 9

OldSols
Admin
Topic starter
(@charley)

Hi All,

The time is fast approaching we will be moving into production in 2021 of our SunTops. 

Thank you all for being very patient. It's been very fun to take on this project and learn the in's and out's of how these were made back in the day.

We are working on these as much as possible in-between being dad's, husband's & working our regular full time jobs. Our goal in 2020 was to created 4 NEW SunTops and we hit that goal. 

There is quite a bit to do before we are going to be ready to actually send some of these to you guys. It's all behind the scenes work such as packaging, shipping, insurance coverage and just streamlining of our manufacturing process. 

I know a lot of you want to know how much they will cost and we will definitely let everyone know when the time comes. I can tell you I've priced out shipping through USPS, FedEx, and UPS. FedEx came out to be the cheapest route to go and we haven't looked at DHL yet for international purchases. Let's just say it isn't cheap to ship one of these though. 

Currently we are considering a $100.00 deposit to secure your spot in line and then we would start on your top. Once finished we would contact you for the remaining balance and shipping. If you were to give us a deposit and then not be able to fulfill your payment you would be placed at the bottom of the list. So it would be important for you to set money aside once finished. 

I wanted to just start on interest thread pertaining to these SunTops ... 

Can you please let us know if you are interested in a Blue Top or a Amber Top below and We will add you to the list going forward (no money required right now just gauging interest of the two options. 

Amber Top:

1. max

2. TrackSol

3. epayan

4. AwJustice

5. AlexMirafuentes

6. maccabeus

7. Bastian

8. Rhd_sol

9. White93delslo

Blue Top:

1. k3cj5555

2. fearthefuhry

3. Supermanxd16

4. Delsol9898

5. Nathan4218

6. Peacheytyler

7. gilber

8. alarreguin89

9. TeamAutobots

10. Turtle__racing

11. LindenKP

12. volmarrex123

13. Digital Sol

14. Bamzee

15. Nathan4218

16. Solreaper74_93

17. UndeadSol

18. Newsol310

19. DEL50L

20. Tinytanktoan

21. 94eg1_Lui

22. K20_Rex

23. Slow_Sol

24. Crank13Customs

25. kennyp

26. Twatson789

Thank you all very much and we are looking forward to 2021 production! 

The OldSols Team

!!!!!! UPDATE: FEB 27 !!!!!!!

Yo Yo Yo OLDSOLS fam - apologies for my absence here but we HAVE in-fact been working on these. Lemme fill you guys in with some info.

Needless to say the inner fiberglass mold and trim is a REAL fucking bitch.

Our original mold broke (was hella old) that came when we purchased Ameripol and that really set us back. After chatting with many many many many people in the auto body industry we have decided to move away from fiberglass. Its old technology, it takes too long to make and its super fragile.

We've shifted our attention towards other materials - ABS vacuum molded plastic, Printed Resin's, Carbon and Kevlar. Currently we are trying to find the most cost effective material for production purposes. We don't want these to be so expensive for us to make that we have to turn around and sell them for more than what you can buy a Del Sol for.

We know this is taking a hot minute but we REALLY are trying our hardest to get these Tops back to market.

Trying my best in-between work, family and oldsols to get this done!

Thanks all!

Topic Tags
51 Replies
7 Replies
Supermanxd16
(@supermanxd16)

Posted by: @charley

Hi All,

The time is fast approaching we will be moving into production in 2021 of our SunTops. 

Thank you all for being very patient. It's been very fun to take on this project and learn the in's and out's of how these were made back in the day.

We are working on these as much as possible in-between being dad's, husband's & working our regular full time jobs. Our goal in 2020 was to created 4 NEW SunTops and we hit that goal. 

There is quite a bit to do before we are going to be ready to actually send some of these to you guys. It's all behind the scenes work such as packaging, shipping, insurance coverage and just streamlining of our manufacturing process. 

I know a lot of you want to know how much they will cost and we will definitely let everyone know when the time comes. I can tell you I've priced out shipping through USPS, FedEx, and UPS. FedEx came out to be the cheapest route to go and we haven't looked at DHL yet for international purchases. Let's just say it isn't cheap to ship one of these though. 

Currently we are considering a $100.00 deposit to secure your spot in line and then we would start on your top. Once finished we would contact you for the remaining balance and shipping. If you were to give us a deposit and then not be able to fulfill your payment you would be placed at the bottom of the list. So it would be important for you to set money aside once finished. 

Can you please let us know if you are interested in a Blue Top or a Amber Top below and We will add you to the list going forward (no money required right now just gauging interest of the two options. 

Amber Top:

Blue Top:

1. k3cj5555

2. fearthefuhry

The OldSols Team

I would love a blue one put me down for a blue one!  Quick question I have a red del sol would you guys consider making one red? Or is it about the material? Let me know I’m very interested in one.

Delsol9898
(@delsol9898)

@charley

blue top!!

OldSols
Admin
(@charley)

@supermanxd16 We plan on all sorts of colors and material type in the future. Limitless.

max
 max
(@max)

Hi All,

Amber Top:

Blue Top:

1. k3cj5555

2. fearthefuhry

The OldSols Team

I'm in for amber!

Nathan4218
(@nathan4218)

Hi All,

Amber Top:

Blue Top:

1. k3cj5555

2. fearthefuhry

The OldSols Team

Nathan4218
(@nathan4218)

I would like a blue one!

2wayParadise
(@2wayparadise)

Hi All,

Amber Top:

1. max

2. TrackSol

3. epayan

4. AwJustice

5. AlexMirafuentes

6. maccabeus

7. Bastian

8. Rhd_sol

9. White93delslo

Blue Top:

1. k3cj5555

2. fearthefuhry

3. Supermanxd16

4. Delsol9898

5. Nathan4218

6. Peacheytyler

7. gilber

8. alarreguin89

9. TeamAutobots

10. Turtle__racing

11. LindenKP

12. volmarrex123

13. Digital Sol

14. Bamzee

15. Nathan4218

16. Solreaper74_93

17. UndeadSol

18. Newsol310

19. DEL50L

20. Tinytanktoan

21. 94eg1_Lui

22. K20_Rex

23. Slow_Sol

The OldSols Team

Put me down for a blue one please.

k3cj5555
(@k3cj5555)

It is tough to consider interest when a price isn't posted.

2 Replies
k3cj5555
(@k3cj5555)

Interest would be for the blue top.

OldSols
Admin
(@charley)

@k3cj5555 Were not asking for you to buy or purchase anything currently - just your interest in a blue or amber top so we have some idea of the amount of each we need to bring in materials for

fearthefuhry
(@fearthefuhry)

Would be interested in a blue 

1 Reply
OldSols
Admin
(@charley)

@fearthefuhry thanks for the input!

TrackSol
(@tracksol)

Put me down as #1 for an amber top. Gotta support the homies!

Peacheytyler
(@peacheytyler)

put me down for 1 blue top would love to have one 

Page 1 / 9
Share:

Login

Lost your password?